At Cal-Tech, we are proud to offer our customers a wide range of services that can be customised to their individual needs.
Caledonia Technology Vacancies
Control Systems Engineer – Competitive Salary (experience dependent) East Kilbride
Engineers should have relevant software engineering background, and a proven track record of systems design and implementation based around some of the following:
- SCADA packages (WinCC, iFix, Intouch)
- PLC's (Siemens, Rockwell Schneider)
- DCS's (APACS, PCS7)
- Industrial networks (Profibus, Ethernet-IP,Controlnet,DeviceNet,Asi)
- Microsoft Development Packages (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, SQL);
- Electrical Design Packages (AutoCAD etc.).
Ideal candidates will be:
- Qualified to HND/degree level or can demonstrate a high level of coding experience in system development.
- Comfortable working in all aspects found within a control system project lifecycle
- Strong communicator with excellent organisational skills.
- Willing to work away from home for short periods, within Scotland.
- Prepared to be part of the out of hours on-call rota
- Site commissioning, ad hoc servicing and repair
- Instrumentation setup, calibration
- Helpdesk support call handling and resolution
- Duty phone roster for out of hours support
- Undertake site survey visits to support sales activities
- Ensure successful delivery within budget of assigned activities
- Provide quality assurance and peer review for projects and service activities.
- Assist with internal testing/ factory acceptance testing on computer systems
- Ensure that quality records are generated and maintained
- Be prepared to mobilise at short notice to support service requirements
Technical Skill Set:
- Auto Cad
- SCADA – Knowledge of Wonderware Intouch & Wonderware System Platform.
- PLC – Confidence in structured text, function block diagram & ladder
- Knowledge of HMI development
- Controls instrumentation, i.e. setting up pressure transmitters, level transmitters, flow transmitters, etc.
- Computer systems engineering, i.e. Microsoft Access, SQL & SharePoint
- Systems integration
We are a family run system integrator based in East Kilbride, serving the full lifecycle of automation projects from concept to support. Our primary function is designing, developing & commissioning software solutions, for a large range of industries. Once we have successfully commissioned our projects, we continue to assist the customer by offering a bespoke 24-hour remote support service.
We have a diverse range of engineers from multiple backgrounds – for example; university graduates, installation electricians, maintenance technicians & design engineers.
Due to successful, continued growth, we are looking for an experienced and motivated person to join our team.